The amount of carbohydrates majorly affect diabetics of the type two diabetes. To maintain and manage the amount of glucose in the blood and living a healthy lifestyle are important. Having a low carb diabetic diet has proven to be effective in managing and maintaining diabetes. Consuming foods that are high in carbohydrates creates the body’s tolerance to carbohydrates, thus causing blood sugar rise. Similarly, a low carb diabetic diet helps you in managing a healthy weight and blood sugar levels. In this article we will discuss a number of tips to a healthy low carb diabetic diet as well as what you need to avoid.
Tips to maintain a healthy Low Carb Diabetic Diet
Consuming the right amount of carbohydrates that your body is able to tolerate is advisable. It also helps to stabilize the level of blood sugar.
- Carb Counter. Monitoring on the amount of the carbs you take into your body is important. It helps you stay on the right track.
- Low glycemic foods. Eating foods that have low glycemic levels is equally healthy. Non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus and eggplants make up an amazing low carb diabetic diet.
- High Fiber foods. Making sure you eat foods that are high in dietary fiber is necessary. Such foods include fresh vegetables, fresh fruits etc.
- Healthy Sugar alternatives. Many people have a sweet tooth to a wide variety of foods. Avoiding foods with added sugars such as corn syrup, fructose etc, is not a choice.
- Eat Regularly. Having regular meals is important in maintaining your blood sugar levels low and steady. Breakfast are important in the meal routine of diabetics. If you have limited choices for your breakfast, there’s a broad range of Diabetic breakfast recipes you can try. Fitting in three meals in a day coupled up with healthy snacks is healthy for a diabetic.
- Healthy fats. Generally, not all fats are bad for your diet. Healthy low carb diabetic diet plans features on natural fats and oils like mono-saturated fats that help to lower cholesterol.
There are great low carb diet recipes that you can incorporate into your diet. Each of them should feature a recommended, healthy amount of carbohydrate.
Low Carb Diabetic diet meal plan at home
These are easy, cost-effective low carb diabetic diet plans that can be prepared from the comfort of your home conveniently. Choosing on any particular combination, should be a thought out plan.
For a healthy mono-saturated fat, high fiber and starchy vegetables, a combination of blackened salmon with cauliflower and cucumber relish is a good recipe. It yields a combined nutritional value that is satisfying.
Another great low carb diabetic diet recipe you could prepare at home is a combination of asparagus and leek soup. Asparagus with a starchy vegetable are good sources of protein and fiber. Naturally from fresh vegetables. Cheddar omelette combined with zucchini and tomatoes are a good choice.
Going about low carb diabetic diet is not as difficult. The healthy importance of this diet overwhelming. Try it out and marvel the results.